Kenny Leon's stage play, "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner"
I had the honor and a pleasure being a part of the Atlanta stages World Premiere of “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner” at the Rialto Theater in Atlanta, Georgia.
Playwright Todd Kreidler delivered excellent work of his script, based on the screenplay by William Rose.

What really made this a wonderful event for me, was that one of my local hero's, Afemo Omilami (Hosea Feed The Hungry) and the beautiful, Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby's) stared in this rendition based on the 1967 film starring Sidney Poitier, Katharine Hepburn, Spencer Tracy and introduced Katharine Houghton .

Well, you probably know the story.
It was a treat to revisit the tale, and it was a special delight to see it performed so well on stage. Theatergoers can thank Kenny Leon, artistic director of the True Colors Theatre Company.
I'm just so happy that Leon had the foresight to realize that this 40-year-old story still has staying power.
The rest of the cast includes:
Playwright Todd Kreidler delivered excellent work of his script, based on the screenplay by William Rose.

What really made this a wonderful event for me, was that one of my local hero's, Afemo Omilami (Hosea Feed The Hungry) and the beautiful, Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby's) stared in this rendition based on the 1967 film starring Sidney Poitier, Katharine Hepburn, Spencer Tracy and introduced Katharine Houghton .
I was parking my car and was standing in line in the searing heat waiting to make my parking payment while Mr. Omilami was just ahead of me. I asked him why on earth he was standing out in the heat like us commoner? As the servant he is, he stated " because I am a commoner". I really don't know what else I expected from such a humble and community giving man.
Joanna Drayton, played by Bethany Anne Lind and fiancé, Dr. John Prentice played by Tory Kittles gave the show it's surd footing.My apologies Mr. O, I should have taken your ticket and made the blasted payment for you. For some reason it escaped me you had a show to star in that brought back such great memories and joy, it must have been the heat.

Well, you probably know the story.
It was a treat to revisit the tale, and it was a special delight to see it performed so well on stage. Theatergoers can thank Kenny Leon, artistic director of the True Colors Theatre Company.
I'm just so happy that Leon had the foresight to realize that this 40-year-old story still has staying power.
The rest of the cast includes:
- Elizabeth Wells Berkes as Hilary St. George;
- David De Vries as Monsignor Ryan;
- Andrea Frye as Matilda Binks and
- Tess Malis Kincaid as Christina Drayton
- Set Design by Kat Conley
- Lighting Design by Andre Allen
- Sound Design by Joe Monaghan III
- Costume Design by Jonida Beqo
- Props by Valerie Barney
Tess Malis Kincaid (left) and Andrea Frye
“Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner” runs through July 29. Tickets: Order Online Tickets or 1.877.725.8849
What Fun!!
ReplyDelete