Michael Baisden Radio Show Canceled


Michael Baisden Radio Show Canceled After Failure to Reach Syndication Deal with Cumulus.

Nationally syndicated afternoon radio host Michael Baisden is leaving radio and not entirely of his own volition....

The drama between Michael Baisden and CUMULUS MEDIA NETWORKS came to a head with his show being canceled for good.


His final day was supposed to be Friday, March 29. Baisden and comedian co-host George Willborn were supposed to begin the farewells after 10 years on radio on yesterday’s show.
However, reports say that when Baisden arrived at Cumulus radio studios to begin his broadcast, he discovered that he had been locked out and a repeat show was aired.
It’s not clear whether Baisden will get the opportunity to bid his audience farewell on the Cumulus network, but he is using his massive social media following to share his thoughts about the situation and hint at possible future plans.

Here’s an excerpt from Michael Baisden’s Facebook page:

To My Radio Family: The Michael Baisden Show Has Officially Been Cancelled!

"It’s Not About The Job It’s About The Journey (Yes, I'm leaving radio)

 "We were unable to reach an agreement with our syndication partner Cumulus Media. This was not a hostile situation, sometimes parties have different ideas and visions about how to move forward. So, there is no need for petitions and boycotts.

I was excited about next week’s interviews with our affiliate program directors and general managerscelebrities, B Side artist, Rev Sharpton, Congressman John Lewis, Iyanla Vanzants, The President and First Lady, and most importantly, you, our radio family.
Unfortunately, that did not happen so you will hear reruns through next Friday. Then beginning on April 1st, there will be another show on the air. To the owners of Cumulus I offer you this quote: “How someone treats you is their Karma, how you respond is yours.” . ~Wayne Dyer

So, my Karma inspires me to say this, “Thank you to all my advertisers, my affiliates, and my listeners. I will keep the positivity flowing on Facebook and Twitter until my return, because I will be back! And next time their will be no middlemen between me, my affiliates, and most importantly, my radio family. The next chapter has already begun and it’s going to bright for everyone involved! 

We may not have been given the chance to have a going away party, but the welcome back party is going to be “THE BOMB! ~ Michael Baisden

P.S. I will post this once a day until the show ends next Friday March 29th, to remind everyone about the truth of what really happened with my show. Radio will only thrive when there is true competition and not a handful of broadcasters dictating what you hear on the radio. 

So, to all you DJ’s you better step your game up because Michael, Uncle George, and Juan D are coming back—In the MORNINGS OR AFTERNOONS!!!!!!! THAT’S RIGHT, I SAID IT!

He also posted on Facebook that he may have been locked out of his studio and wasn't able to end his show on his terms. Wow. If all this is true, this is pretty cutthroat .

This just shows that black radio show hosts aren't a protected group as their white counterparts. Rush Limbaugh has insulted everyone under the sun, but has remained on the airwaves, raking in millions. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference between A-list, B-list, C-list and D-list Actors & Celebrities

Take a tour of Tyler Perry's massive new studio on a former Army base in Atlanta, Georgia

Etiquette: Unwritten Rules of Movie Theaters You're Probably Breaking