TIME TO HEAL

SMILES HEADERred2

TIME TO HEAL

1964897 722872001066936 1504356441 n
When did so many in this great nation of ours turn into callous, cold, uncaring and selfish souls as characterized by many in the Republican and Tea Parties?
The ad nauseam, vicious verbal battles being waged over the Affordable Care Act are reminiscent of an ugly, oozing sore not allowed to heal because we just keep picking at it. ACA is the law of the land. Why keep wasting precious time trying to repeal it?
To a person on the Republican side of the aisle among the U.S. Senate contenders, the hue and cry is “repeal Obamacare.”
It’s like a broken record. The three of us Democratic contenders are at polar opposites with the Republicans. We are in support of ACA and seek to improve it, not delay or repeal it. I am delighted by the President’s news that more than 7 Million Americans now have health insurance. I understand from a deep personal perspective what it means to be without health insurance and suffer with a debilitating condition.
download (1)
After leaving the Georgia Senate I was without health insurance for three years. I suffered excruciating pain with a severely degenerated hip. It was deemed a pre-existing condition and the expensive health premiums were way out of reach. It was not until I was able to get affordable Medicare that I was able to get badly needed hip replacement surgery. Throughout my adult life I was blessed to have a good career and never had to rely on public assistance. I also paid a goodly amount of taxes and in no way view Medicare and Social Security as a handout. I invested in it and I will fight with every ounce of strength I have to prevent either benefit from being diminished or dismantled.
Sadly, the one alleged Democratic candidate who gets all the press because of a prominent relative and big money is lukewarm on the Affordable Care Act. Michelle Nunn refuses to state clearly where she stands on ACA and continues to attempt to paint herself as a “centrist.” She has called for a delay in implementing ACA and steadfastly refuses to state her support for a measure that is at the heart of our Democratic principles. She cannot continue to straddle the fence. As recently as this week when Republican attack ads linked her to the ACA, she back peddled again and continued to distance herself from ACA and not stand up. If she won’t stand up for the masses during a campaign and continues to be inaccessible to the rank and file what on earth can we expect if she is elected? It is disheartening to speak out against a member of one’s own party. But this so-called Democrat is not speaking out for Democratic principles. We must call out wrong whether it is in party or out.
On April 1, 2014 President Obama called on Republicans to give up this losing battle over the ACA. Seven Million Americans have health insurance and that’s no April Fool’s joke. The joke is on Republicans and Michelle Nunn who are playing political games with the lives of decent, hardworking Americans. They really should be pitied for being so out of touch. Michelle Nunn’s fairy tale candidacy carries about as much weight as the Wizard of Oz. Let’s pull back the curtain and go home… and heal. Let the Republicans keep following that yellow brick road.
***
images (1)
Click to LIKE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference between A-list, B-list, C-list and D-list Actors & Celebrities

'Passengers' Cast Chris Pratt & Jennifer Lawrence Team Up for New Movie

These Are The Top Talent Agents Who Run Hollywood...