Armani Junior Taps Quvenzhané Wallis as First Face

Ten-year-old Quvenzhané Wallis, star of Beasts of the Southern Wild, has been named the face of Armani Junior, Giorgio Armani’s line for children and teens.


Quvenzhané Wallis
in the Armani Junior fall ad campaign.
Just about a year and a half after wearing an adorable, navy-blue Armani tulle dress with puppy purse to the 2013 Oscars, Quvenzhané Wallis has been named the face of the house’s junior collection.

Giorgio Armani has tapped Oscar-nominated actress Quvenzhané Wallis as the fresh face of his Armani Junior fall ad campaign. The 10-year-old star of the upcoming Annie remake is the first major child celebrity to be the face of a luxury brand.

In a statement released by Armani, he expressed his reasons for picking Wallis. “Quvenzhané is so talented despite her young age. She is a child who has the natural ability to play many different roles,” Armani said. “Her kindness, curiosity and openness toward others really struck me, as they are all traits that I admire. It is for this very reason that I wanted her to be the face of Armani Junior.”

Wallis, who poses with a puppy and wearing a tuxedo in one of the photos, spoke well beyond her young age about the opportunity to model for Armani.

“I’m so happy to be chosen by Mr. Armani to be his ambassador for Armani Junior. I felt the same excitement when I got cast for a major film. ‘Me? Wow,’” said Wallis. “I was honored to wear his custom gown to the Oscars. It made me feel like a princess. When I saw Mr. Armani’s Privé show in New York, the dresses were so pretty .… I had too many favorites. Afterward when I met him, I realized Mr. Armani is such a nice man. I liked that he was so thoughtful. It’s fun now to wear Armani Junior since I really like the clothing. It’s young. It’s cool. My friends are going to want to borrow all my clothes now, for sure.”

Wallis’ adverstising campaign hits the market in June and Annie is slated to be released on December 19

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference between A-list, B-list, C-list and D-list Actors & Celebrities

Take a tour of Tyler Perry's massive new studio on a former Army base in Atlanta, Georgia

Etiquette: Unwritten Rules of Movie Theaters You're Probably Breaking