Beyoncé Wrote a Poem About Blue Ivy !

 Beyonce Wrote An Inspiring Poem About Blue Ivy, And Yes, You’re Going To Feel Feelings...

'I am a vessel,' she muses in 'Bey the Light.'
While the rest of us were merely existing on this earth at sluggish, pollution-spewing speeds, Beyoncéfound time in between her concert tour, V.M.A. award acceptance feat, and residency as the planet’s goddess in chief to create more art.
Specifically, she posed for this month’s issue of CR Fashion Book, the high-fashion magazine put out by Carine Roitfeld, former editor in chief of Vogue Paris and present-day collaborator of North West. In the photo spread, by photographer Pierre Debusschere, Beyoncé poses with a custom-designed Chanel surfboard. She squeezes blood-red juice from a pomegranate while covered neck-to-toe in Prada. She crouches while wearing cat ears on her head(!). And she stands in little more than a trench coat and cape of ankle-length hair extensions.
And because this is Beyoncé we’re talking about, and a publication that touts itself as a “magazine of style and inspiration,” the photos aren’t accompanied by a boring old celebrity profile. But by a free-form poem comprising statements made by Beyoncé that were “remixed by” poet and Pulitzer Prize finalist Forrest Gander.
Called “Bey the Light,” the poem touches on everything from Bey’s daughter,Blue Ivy, to her own persona Sasha Fierce. And while she does reference her grandmother, and the many people from whom she gathers strength, she does not mention her husband. Here’s what the Grammy winner has to say about Blue Ivy:
It’s my daughter, she’s my biggest muse. / There’s someone, we all find out soon, / more important than ourselves to lose.
[...]
Utopias, they don’t much interest me. / I always mess things up a bit. / It’s chaos, in part, that helps us see.
But for my daughter I dream a day / when no one roots for others to fail, / when we all mean what we say.
And on her creative collaborations with God:
I’m a vessel for all that isn’t right, / for break-ups and lies and double-cross. / I sing into that vessel a healing light.
To let go of pain that people can’t bear. / I don’t do that myself, I call in the light. / I summon God to take me there.

 Read a full transcription of “Bey The Light,” Beyoncé’s poem for CR Fashion Book here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference between A-list, B-list, C-list and D-list Actors & Celebrities

Take a tour of Tyler Perry's massive new studio on a former Army base in Atlanta, Georgia

Etiquette: Unwritten Rules of Movie Theaters You're Probably Breaking