Jackie Chan Breaks Silence After Son Jaycee Chan's Drug Arrest

 "I Feel Very Ashamed"

Jackie Chan is speaking out after his son, Jaycee Chan, was arrested in a Beijing drug bust last week.
The martial arts legend posted a heartfelt statement on his website, thanking fans for their support and well wishes as well as apologizing on behalf of his son.
"First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for your care and concerns. The recent news about my son, Jaycee, is very shocking and the impact it has caused on society is heartbreaking," the movie star shared.
"When I first heard the news, I was absolutely enraged. As a public figure, I feel very ashamed; as his dad, I'm very sad and disappointed. But the person who feels heartbroken the most is his mom. I hope our younger generation will learn from Jaycee's mistake and stay far away from drug abuse."
Jackie then went on to send a message to his 31-year-old son, saying, "I would like to take this opportunity and say to Jaycee: you've done something wrong and you have to be responsible for the consequences. I'm your dad and I'll always be with you. We will face the road ahead of us together."
He continued, "I should also take some of this responsibility because as his dad, I didn't teach him well. Therefore, on behalf of Jaycee and myself, I extend our deepest apologies to everyone for the negative impact this has caused on society. Thank you."

Jaycee Chan’s arrest is a major black eye for his famous father, who has spent years campaigning against drugs.

The scion of the action star and Taiwanese actress Feng-Jiao Ling had carved out a career of his own in the Hong Kong and mainland Chinese film industries, with critically acclaimed turns in movies such as 2009’s “Mulan: Rise of a Warrior.

The detentions, part of a Chinese crackdown on drug use among high-profile celebrities, come days after 42 entertainment agencies proclaimed a boycott of any actors or singers caught using narcotics.

Chinese newspapers reported that
 Jaycee Chan could face three years in prison.
Kai Ko (Chen-Tung Ko),
was also arrested Thursday.













Jaycee Chan, was arrested in a Beijing drug bust along with Taiwanese movie star Kai Ko.
The two stars were among several to be detained on drug-related offenses last week after police say they both tested positive for marijuana and confessed to being under the influence of the drug.
Jaycee faces charges for "providing a shelter for others to use drugs" after police found and removed 100 grams of marijuana from his home.
If convicted, Jaycee could face up to three years in prison.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference between A-list, B-list, C-list and D-list Actors & Celebrities

Take a tour of Tyler Perry's massive new studio on a former Army base in Atlanta, Georgia

Etiquette: Unwritten Rules of Movie Theaters You're Probably Breaking