Samuel L. Jackson Challenges Celebrities

In a bold move, heavyweight actor Samuel L. Jackson has issued a call to action,
similar to that of the ice bucket challenge.

Saturday, on his facebook page, Jackson offers to “all  celebrities that poured ice water on their heads, a chance to do something else.”


Jackson challenges celebrities to sing the “We ain’t gonna stop, till people are free” song.

The song reference Eric Garner’s last words, ‘I can’t breathe’

I can hear my neighbor cryin’ ‘I can’t breathe’
Now I’m in the struggle and I can’t leave.
Callin’ out the violence of the racist police.
We ain’t gonna stop, till people are free.
We ain’t gonna stop, till people are free.

Jackson ends the 47 second challenge asking celebrities to “come on, sing it out.”
This is a bold move by Jackson, as sometimes those who call out the establishment using their celebrity statuses are quickly blacklisted or ridiculed.
Samuel Jackson is not race baiting here, he’s simply calling out the “racist” police. To deny that the system is racist is to deny that police brutality exists.
However, racism is only part of the problem. The other part of this problem is the color blue, and the violent unaccountable leviathan that it represents in police state America.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference between A-list, B-list, C-list and D-list Actors & Celebrities

'Passengers' Cast Chris Pratt & Jennifer Lawrence Team Up for New Movie

These Are The Top Talent Agents Who Run Hollywood...