RuPaul weds longtime partner in secret ceremony


Ross asked RuPaul if after 23 years together the couple were ever going to tie the knot.

'You know what, I don't think I've said this on television before,' Rupaul replied. 'We are married.'

RuPaul Charles married his longtime boyfriend, Australian rancher Georges LeBar, in a secret ceremony in January. The RuPaul’s Drag Race host confirmed his nuptials in an interview Wednesday on Hollywood Today Live.

“You know what? I don’t think I’ve said this,” he began. “I’ve never said this on television before. We are married. We are married, yes. This is scoop! I’ve never said it before.”

In a 2013 special of “Oprah: Where Are They Now?,” RuPaul spoke about his relationship with LeBar. “He is devoted to me, I am devoted to him,” he said. “And that’s the end of the story.”
The pair met at now-closed New York City club Limelight in 1994 on LeBar’s birthday and have been together ever since. 

RuPaul said that he and his husband wed on their anniversary. Per RuPaul, his husband, who has a ranch that spans two states, doesn’t care about the details of celebrity. Recently, the two were caught by paparazzi while visiting New York, but this was a rare occasion.

“But most of the time, he’s on the ranch in Wyoming,” he said. “He has a—I get this wrong every time ’cause I’m not good with numbers—he has a 6,000-acre ranch. It’s in two states. It’s in South Dakota and Wyoming.”
RuPaul added that he enjoys ranch life, but when it comes to vacation spots, the couple is drawn to a less rural locale.

Image result for RuPaul weds longtime partner
“When I go there, I dress up in Western wear, but no one cares. I dress up in the most gorgeous Western wear outfit, but nobody cares,” he quipped. “But, you know, when we have a chance to do anything, he doesn’t want me to come there. We wanna go somewhere fabulous.”



                           

Comments

  1. Though he has a very successful career, the pop icon is content in his personal life. Further, RuPaul and Georges LeBar have been in a successful relationship for nearly 25 years. Read through the article to learn more about RuPaul and his husband.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Difference between A-list, B-list, C-list and D-list Actors & Celebrities

Take a tour of Tyler Perry's massive new studio on a former Army base in Atlanta, Georgia

Etiquette: Unwritten Rules of Movie Theaters You're Probably Breaking